Everything should be put in modern Portuguese. In your notes field, you can
put it was found as this or that. You put everything into the field and it
creates a problem when you go to make a Gedcom or attempt to share your
work. We all need to be the same page and use the modern Portuguese
spellings. I'm still coming across a few here or there that I need to put
into the modern spelling!