Hi Rcik,

Yes, we're talking about the Church records, that you see on CCA (tombo.pt
is just a faster gateway to the same content). The quality of the CCA
records is the problem. In the later years, they uploaded higher quality
images, but the initial online books have really low quality versions.

If FamilySearch allowed you to see them (if covered under the same
agreement as mainland Portugal, only LDS church members are allowed to see
them in FamilySearch), you'd see that they provide a much higher quality
image than CCA ever has. And yes, I do know that they all come from the
same source. It's just that FamilySearch gives you the scan in it's
original max scan resolution, and CCA reduced it in size and quality to
save on the network bandwidth.

João Ventura
http://tombo.pt/en