>  Well i am web technology journalist

Oh!  Now it's all starting to make sense.

> This does conflict with DRM quite heavily in that its impossible to hide
> your data sources .

I didn't say anything about DRM.  You're right.  It can always be
hacked.  Advertisers like to *give* video and audio away because it
makes you buy their products.

> AJAX is more than just HTML and Javascript , its whole different design
> pattern .

No, it's not. AJAX stands for "Asynchronous JavaScript + XML for web
development".  That sounds like (x)html and javascript to me.  It's
definitely not a design pattern.  Factory, Decorator and Model View
Controller are design patterns
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_pattern_%28computer_science%29).
AJAX is a collection of technologies that someone gave a fancy acronym
to.

> You should try it , its great fun .

I did try it and I like it, for certain things.  In fact, I really
like it for data.  Although, when I tried it the first time it was
called XMLHttpRequest.  That was years before someone gave it a fancy
name; way below the radar of the "media".

> sounds like quite a grim future to me , i'd prefer a more positive one
> where developers and system designers realise their responsibily in
> shaping the internet around open standards , just like the people before
> them did. The internet without standards would be horrific .

Find me an audio and video format that more than 90% of the people can
see and I'll use it.  Until then, Flash is my only choice.  I've used
SVG and it's fabulous, if you control the environment it's rolled out
in and you can get everyone to download the (proprietary) Adobe
plug-in.  We were very successful rolling it out in a corporate
environment.  It's a wonderful technology but the plug-in is not
anywhere close to being as ubiquitous as Flash.  Deerpark is are only
hope and it will still take years for the design tools to catch up.
People like pretty interfaces.  That's a fact.

> 'a few shortcomings' is a very polite way of describing it , i prefer
> the phrase 'a complete lack of support' .

Straw man. Read this:
http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/accessibility/features/flash/faq.html

> There is definately a special
> section in hell for people that do those scrolling blocks of text in
> flash.

I agree.  However, we call those people "clients".

> Ok , so i'm obviously looking at this from the backend and you seem to
> be looking from the visual design perspective .

Wrong again.  Both Flash and AJAX are client side technologies.  You
are not talking about the back end at all.  If you were, you would use
words like oracle, sql, servlets, etc.

Sorry if you trolled by this, but I can't stand this type of
ignorance.  Like SVG and AJAX, Flash is great for certain things and
bad for others.  But I can't stand the blanket statements that "all
Flash is bad".  Sorry for the rant.