Nic James Ferrier wrote:
When is university challenge on then? I go look at the BBC site. Type "univeristy challenge" into search... a whole load of press releases. No programme page though.
It sounds like the search should have an extra bit, listings if the search term matches a programme name, sounds sensible. There's a nice "Show me times for a programme" box on http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/ (which then tells you it's not on this week at all, but simply normal time next week), but not much use if you can't find it (I went Home -> TV -> TV listings).
I actually had a similar issue an hour or so ago (not with the BBC, though - they're all as bad, it seems) - I want to watch both Bones and Scrubs on Thursday, and having cable means I can't record one and watch the other. So I simply wanted to find out if Bones was repeated, as I knew the last series was. Searching for Bones on the Sky One website gave nothing, the special "New Bones" section gave no indication of repeats, so in the end I had to trawl through the full listings.
It's enough to drive a programmer to program something - incidentally, I wanted to try some of the Backstage TV things created, but there's no way to list prototypes by category on the site that I can see? I did scroll through the long list of stuff and tried a few, but I don't want to install Java, or the .net libraries, mightyv.com came up with nothing, (then, neither did radiotimes.com). Let me just find some round tuits... ;)
-- ATB, Matthew - Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html. Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

