Nic, you have my utmost sympathy...

On 13/11/06, Nic James Ferrier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am in a bad mood because all the tech I've tried over the last few
days has broken. Even my aga is broken and that is very low tech.

[sometimes I think there must be days when a low level magnetic field
settles over my house and causes mysterious things to go wrong]

So I settle down to watch university challenge as a nice breather from
fighting kernel builds on 64 bit and... whadya know? It's that ejit
john humphries and his over egged ego trip mastermind.

When is university challenge on then? I go look at the BBC site. Type
"univeristy challenge" into search... a whole load of press
releases. No programme page though.

Select A-Z... index U... no mention of university challenge.

Select BBC 2, the home of university challenge, select A-Z of
programmes... index U... no university challenge page.

Apparently university challenge doesn't run on the BBC.


A while ago there was a competition to make a new design for the BBC
website embracing web 2.0.

It seems to me that the BBC should just do what it should be doing and
let me have access to the information I need. After all, that is why I
pay my licence fee.


Agh!


I know this isn't the BBC website helpline... but it's pointless
complaining there (I've tried it before) because you just get a load
of public sector waffle about serving the audience blah blah blah.


It makes me angry when commercial sites don't work. Let alone ones I'm
paying for with taxes.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to