Matthew Somerville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> term matches a programme name, sounds sensible. There's a nice "Show me 
> times for a programme" box on http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/ (which then 
> tells you it's not on this week at all, but simply normal time next week), 
> but not much use if you can't find it (I went Home -> TV -> TV
> listings).

That's good and works.

One of the things I tried to do that I was suprised didn't work [and
is an issue for backstage I suspect] is the normal BBC 2 tv
schedule. It only has links for one week. I didn't try url hacking
maybe that would have worked I don't know. I was just suprised that
the standard listing showed only one week of listings.

If I was trying to read scrape that I'd be a bit annoyed.

> It's enough to drive a programmer to program something - incidentally, I 
> wanted to try some of the Backstage TV things created, but there's no way to 
> list prototypes by category on the site that I can see? I did scroll through 
> the long list of stuff and tried a few, but I don't want to install Java, or 
> the .net libraries, mightyv.com came up with nothing, (then, neither did 
> radiotimes.com). Let me just find some round tuits... ;)

I know, I know.

The trouble is, I have this over and over again with the beeb. It just
so happens that it's this time that I snapped.

-- 
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to