On 26/02/07, Peter Bowyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I completely disagree. The ToU of my website could preclude its use in
the way you're proposing. I can take proportionate steps to enforce my
ToU - which in this case could include preventing your proposed use.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

So you think the ToU of a website could legitimately say "if you want to
view this site you must view it all"? Because that's what it sounds like
(after all my "proposed use" is just not using some of it at all), and
without taking control of my eyeballs I don't see how that's possible. Even
when on the web away from my home PC, and thus expose to adverts, I take no
notice of them and just scroll past them, what would any ToU have to say
about that, or would you say "to view this site you must view the
advertisements"? In which case how would you enforce it?

Vijay.