Oh and before I go you used the term "significant portion", how many
would be considered significant?

No, I didn't.  I used the phrase "significant PROportion".  I believe
"Significant Portion" is either a pub rock band from Kings Lynn, or
some kind of euphemism.

Less frivolously, you stated that you believe that 10% of people
visiting the BBC website would be using Linux (later back-pedalled to
maybe 5%).  I'd say for an operating system, yes, 5% is significant*.

Rich.

* I'm not using the word "significant" in its statistical sense - this
is my opinion.  My A level was "Further Maths with Mechanics" - not
stats.