At 10:00 +0100 30/3/07, Jason Cartwright wrote:
 > > > bbc.co.uk uses ActiveX
 > Where?
 Hm, my mistake it was on a BBC site but not under the bbc.co.uk
domain, I could look for other examples on bbc.co.uk but for now this
will suffice.
http://www.bbcworld.com/content/clickonline_archive_PC.asp?pageid=666&co
_pageid=1
This site now appears to be dead.

bbcworld.com is run by BBC Worldwide, a commerical organisation with
entirely different aims to the public service publishers of bbc.co.uk.

BBC Worldwide is wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (a corporation established by Charter). I believe that there is a complex set of relationships, and that these are laid down for all BBC staff to follow. For example, the BBC can advertise BBC Worldwide merchandise, but not beyond a certain level.

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/