On 03/04/07, David Woodhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 13:15 +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:
> The point about this Apple/EMI deal is that they have costed out
> the"cost" of non-DRM. This is very significant, and something
> MilesMetcalfe suggested in the DRM Podcast.

The BBC Trust had already done that. Despite the likelihood^Wcertainty
of DRM systems being cracked, they concluded that "there is no
significant monetary risk" from such file-sharing, in part because
"mainstream audiences have shown a preference for legal alternatives".

Discussing this with Miles, he said:

"So, remind me, why do we have DRM? Why do content creators force us
consumers to spend money to secure their content if the content is
not at monetary risk to them?"

and, referring to http://2lmc.org/spool/id/5543 "I tend to agree with
the Spool - it'll be watermarked."

--