On Sunday 15 March 2009 07:45:27 Dan Brickley wrote:
> On 15/3/09 02:32, Andy Halsall wrote:
> >> I concur with his viewpoint that business models are being broken
> >> faster than new ones can be invented.
> >
> > Business models and distribution methods, the demand for high quality
> > content however remains constant
>
> Really? Do we have metrics...? I'd love to see evidence for this
> intuition. I suppose whatever numbers one had, a chart over time could
> be made to look constant by making sure the definition of "high quality"
> was relative to some notion of current context.

Ha, no.  I think it is something that would be rather difficult to determine
statistically in any case.  So it would seem that I have made the claim based
on a mixture of intuition and hope...  That being said, I have found, when
reading certain social networking sites, that mixture of  decent journalism
and sensationalism seem to ensure that others read and positively comment on
any given article.  Of course in those cases decent journalism has to compete
with things like cute pictures of kittens, but still, it might indicate that
people are still prefer to read things that are well written and researched
rather, even if they do on occasion lack the substance and importance one
would hope for.