On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Scot McSweeney-Roberts <
bbc_backst...@mcsweeney-roberts.co.uk> wrote:

> If they did it right then it would be a help (of sorts) to Open Source
> projects and everybody would be happy. All that's needed is a website
> where there's a form that includes an all import "I agree to the terms
> and conditions" tick box and then everyone who uses an open source
> project could individually get their own tables.
>
> This would be pretty much identical to how a lot of Open Source
> projects that connect to Web Services that need a developer API key
> work.

That's an interesting point, and it's possible that something like that
could be done.

But the BBC would require as part of the download agreement that you had
appropriate content management on the device, wouldn't they? And that's the
part that is really a problem - forcing content management into the
ecosystem.

  Adam