Now, if the bbc would consider rolling out a library like this under the
LGPL....

One of these for the epg, but release the source under a bsd-like licence to
distro suppliers so they can compile to tgt architectures and release through
Partner-type repos...

Use that as a proof of concept for a Universal iPlayer Plugin for Totem, VLC,
native players...

Well, I can dream, can't I...