On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Kimball Larsen <quang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is my current RsyncClientCmd:
> $sshPath -q -x -c arcfour -l username $host nice -n 19 $rsyncPath $argList+

I also added ionice to my archive command since disk activity can gave
the same effect even if you're not maxing out the processor.

I'm not sure if you'll run into the same problem but I think you can
only execute one thing, so in the above case you're running nice which
is in turn running your rsync. Someone on the list may have a hint on
how to successfully run both. I ended up with this for my archive
command:

$Conf{ArchiveClientCmd} = '/bin/nice -n19 /usr/bin/ionice -c3
$Installdir/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost $tarCreatePath $splitpath
$parpath $host $backupnumber $compression $compext $splitsize
$archiveloc $parfile *';

Richard