Depending on the size of your environment, it may be impractical to try to
rsync the pool.
Our BackupPC server covers about 120 systems and uses >4TB (and 100M inodes) to
do
so.  Such a file system would not rsync quickly to a remote location.
I believe the best thing to do is to have a Local BackupPC server to backup
EVERYTHING
(Prod, non-Prod, experiemental, etc)and a remote BackupPC instance that
independently
backs up everything you can't afford to lose (Prod).
--
Ray Frush         "Either you are part of the solution
T:970.491.5527         or part of the precipitate."