Dear Susan,
I would agree that this is not the appropriate venue
for discussing specific instances of resisting
temptation.  A certain decorum around this topic is
required if we really want to address the issue.
I picked up a couple of different things that the
author may or may not have intended.
1.)  I sensed a genuine frustration with not knowing
how to handle a very difficult and provocative
situation.
2.)  I sensed a general tendency to want to hold women
responsible for the sexual tone of an encounter.
The second item bears a closer look.
Both genders are equally responsible for establishing
the tone of any given encounter.
On the other hand neither gender can hold the other
gender responsible for all the choices.
Each individual is responsible for their actions, and
their reactions.  I don't include biological responses
here, those are hard wired.  However, one of the
things that separates us from the animal is our
ability to over-ride our instincts.  What happens
next, is a choice.  With the exception of a sexual
assault, both parties are equally responsible for
where the encounter leads.
Sheila