Is there any documentation for that?  I mean, when you chant Word of God, you just read it in a melodious way, we don't try to offer it otherwise.  Well, it may be so, I don't know English well.  Faruq

Don Calkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 12/7/03 10:50 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Is Western reading the same as chanting?
>
> Faruq Izadinia wrote:
>
>> 4- reading (although in Persian it usually means reading holy
verses
>> of any holy book and it was repeatedly used in Qur'an)

In my opinion, a Western equivalent to chanting, in addition to
traditional religious chants such as Gregorian, is 'oral
interpretation'.

Don C

- - - - -
He who believes himself spiritual proves he is not.