>>If I didn’t know any better I would have said that ‘Abdu’l-Baha was “cheating” in
>>order to make 3.5 days into 1260 years. Perhaps I’m missing something...>>

The Master's use of a year to represent 360 days and a month 30 etc., is
well-established and is really pretty universally accepted by Christians.  Just go to
www.google.com and in the search box type

         "each day for a year" prophecy

including the quote marks just that way, and see how many goodies show up.

This was not an invention of the Master, but a resolution of Scriptural content with
sound reasoning.

Someone wrote to the Guardian about the fact that in the Master's interpretation of
the Zoroastrian prophecy on p. 101 of WOB, He in one case interpreted a day as a year,
in another case "day" represented one year, and in another case one hundred years.
Shoghi Effendi's secretary responded on his behalf:

"Regarding the question of days referring in some cases to years, and in some cases to
centuries in the Tablet to a Zoroastrian follower of the Faith:  The only answer we
can give people who lack the faith to accept the words of the Master as being divinely
inspired interpretations of the truth, is that the language of prophecy has always in
the past been veiled in meaning, and that allusions are found in all the Holy Books
which cannot be accepted literally, and have not been satisfactorily interpreted until
the appearance of this Revelation when, we believe, the books of the past and their
mysteries have been at last unsealed.  Could anybody find a more logical
interpretation of this allusion in the Zoroastrian literature than that given by
`Abdu'l-Baha, or one which fits a coherent interpretation of religious history as well
as the Master's words do?"
(Compilation of Compilations, Vol. I, p. 23)

When trying to understand the logic of the Master, a satisfying approach is to assume
that His motive lies in a lofty direction, never in a base one.

Brent