On second thoughts maybe this was the objectionable part

def get_purpose():
    """ Return the purpose """
    raise AmbiguousMissionError, "Mission unclear"

Also the URL http://ladiespy.com does not resolve.

Also there are python programmers(gender-neutral term) on this list.
Maybe if there are
any issues with attitude, you are better off talking on this list and
educating people
than having a separate mailing list as it divides the community (which
I assume was
the intent of the author). Intent and tone do not travel well over the Internet.

-- Vinayak