Hi Gerrit,

> Are you sure that the @target attributes are supposed to be identical to the
> IDs?

Yes, they should be.  If they are not, I need to find them so I can
fix them to be identical.

> Don’t you prepend a pound sign to @target attributes when they point to
> IDs within the same document?

They are not in the same document.  The @target attributes live spread
out in the other documents while the IDs all live in the same
document.

> So you probably need to say
>
> where not(substring($title/@target,2) = $biblStruct) and
> not(substring($title/@target,2) = $biblFull)

I will give this a shot tomorrow when I am not as tired.

> And maybe you need to restrict the titles that you search to those with a
> @target attribute, like so:
>
> for $title in collection('edil_target/eDIL-A.xml')//entry//title[@target]

This is the other half of the problem which I did not state here. I am
to find all titles that do not have target attributes then give them a
target attribute based on some rules.  I have done so in a few files
(and I explicitly testing one of them in the query in my previous
email) and I will roll out the fix in all other files once I have
everything else tested and working.

I will give your suggestion a try tomorrow. Thanks!

All the best,
Chris