On 7 Jan 2010, at 02:47, Ben wrote:

> Is there a way to create a key-stroke that will take the current line
> (or selection) and dump it into a nominated window.

I have Command-Enter bound to a Unix filter that evaluates STDIN and prints
both STDIN and the result to STDOUT. You select some text, Command-Enter, and
the result appears below the original code. Your script has only to evaluate
STDIN and return something to STDOUT. BBEdit passes only the selection to the
filter.

Although it would be possible to write an AppleScript to find the current line,
select it, and pass it on, I haven't bothered to do this. I find it easier to
select what I want evaluated - it could be part of a line, or 100 lines.