On Jan 6, 6:47 pm, Ben <ben.aus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to create a key-stroke that will take the current line
> (or selection) and dump it into a nominated window.

Here's a quick AppleScript I threw together a couple years ago that
runs the current selection (or the current line if there is no
selection) as a shell command. Furthermore, if it recognizes the
current document's source language, it'll run the selection through
the appropriate interpreter (currently only supports PHP, Perl, and
Ruby). The output of the command is then inserted below the original
selection in the document.

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it might serve as
a useful starting point. Do whatever you want with it, but use it at
your own risk. :-)

You can download the script here:

http://www.dennisrande.com/downloads/Run%20Shell%20Command.zip

-Dennis