At 20:29 -0700 on 04/28/2010, Bill Rowe wrote about Re: Upgraded from 8.72 to 9.5 and have a question about "se:

On 4/28/10 at 5:53 PM, dougler...@gmail.com (douglerner) wrote:

I just upgraded from BBEdit 8.72 to BBEdit 9.5.

In the new search, I notice I can't do the CMD+T to force the search
to start from the top of the file anymore.

Is there a way to do that?

I know about the wrap option, but that's different.

I don't have an answer to your question. But I am curious as to why you see the wrap option as "different". It you start a search from the start (top) of a file it obviously searches the entire file stopping for a hit. If the wrap option starts from where the cursor is and searches through the file wrapping end to start till you get back to where the cursor is, isn't the end result the same? What am I missing here?

If the string you are looking for is the only occurrence or you are looking for all the occurrences, there is little difference since both will find the string. OTOH, if you are looking for a specific occurrence out of a number of occurrences (and know that it is or near the first occurrence) you want to start at the top and not wherever you current are (as would be the case with wrap). With wrap in this case, you would need get each occurrence displayed for you and need to reject them to go to the next in your search (and only find it once you have reached the end of the file and wrapped back to the top).