On Apr 30, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Scout wrote:

> To start my search from the top, I use Cmd-Up Arrow before the search.
>
> Cmd-T or Cmd-Up are same number of keystrokes to me.

I'm trying to get used to doing that. It's not really the same of course
because you must remember to do Cmd-Up before Cmd-F or you have to back out of
the Find window into the source window.

I don't understand the technical reason why they had to give up the feature.
Somebody from support was telling me it was because it wouldn't work in the new
non-modal Find windows - that each time you would end up searching from the top
instead of going on to the next item. I'm not following why that has to be the
case.

In the 8.72 modal window subsequent CMD+G searches didn't always return to the
top. And you had to do a CMD+T each time you opened the Find window if you
wanted to return to the top for the next search.

In the non-modal window why can't it be exactly the same thing? When you open
the Find Window "search from the top" could be unselected (like it is in 8.72).
CMD+T would turn on the search from top option and then turn itself off for
subsequent CMD+G searches. That doesn't seem to be in contradiction with a
non-modal Find window approach, and you wouldn't need to lose that
functionality.

doug