Good afternoon,

On 30/04/10 at 5:44 PM -0700, douglerner <dougler...@gmail.com> wrote:

I just hate the non-modal search. It seems like a step backwards in
functionality for me. I don't see why it was necessary to remove
search-from-top from that.

Most people (including me) find the non-modal search a huge leap forward. And for those that don't there is an option to revert to the modal search.

The reason for removing 'start at top' from non-modal has been discussed on this list (many times over) so the archives should reveal detailed reasons for it. My understanding (or memory) is that each time you hit cmd-g the search would start at the top again, which would make 'find next' useless. And I think most people consider 'find next' more important than 'start at top'.

Charlie

--
   Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garri...@zeta.org.au>

〠  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt