Good afternoon,

On 30/04/10 at 3:20 PM +0900, Doug Lerner <d...@lerner.net> wrote:

On Apr 30, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Scout wrote:

To start my search from the top, I use Cmd-Up Arrow before the search.
  Cmd-T or Cmd-Up are same number of keystrokes to me.

I'm trying to get used to doing that. It's not really the same of course because you must remember to do Cmd-Up before Cmd-F or you have to back out of the Find window into the source window.

How about creating an AppleScript which moves the cursor to the beginning of the file (same as cmd-up arrow) and then start a search? And assign Cmd-T to the AppleScript. Then you can use the same key shortcut you've always used.

I've never wanted (or needed) to use the 'start from top' search option, so I'm not sure how (im)practical the above solution would be. Seems to me like it would work just fine though.

Charlie

--
   Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garri...@zeta.org.au>

〠  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt