Sorry for the lack of details such as version numbers - this used to
"Just work" and i've been waiting for it to fix itself as mysteriously
as it was broken.

One used to be able to go into Mail, select a message (or in my case,
many messages), hit copy, go to bbedit, hit paste, and it would paste
only text characters from the email (along with headers, etc). It
striped style information, and that's a good thing.

For a while now, and i don't know if it was a change in bbedit or a
change in Mail, when I copy 1 or more emails in Mail, bbedit merely
highlights the menu (as if it's trying to paste), and after a short
pause nothing appears. Further, and not that it matters, but the paste
option is gone from bbedit after the 1st failure -- i must put the
item in my clipboard anew if I wish to try (and fail) again.

The following isn't a good workaround, but it does provide another
datapoint. I can paste the message(s) into TextEdit, which renders
whatever rich/html style information was present in the email(s),
along with headers. If I select all & copy everything just pasted, I
can paste this new clipboard contents into bbedit, ready for me to
massage (I want to dredge email addresses -- I wish there were a built
in tool to dredge email addresses, by the way). Unfortunately, in that
process, TextEdit did something I wanted to avoid during that process,
which was render the pictures in the email even from external servers
(thus tracking tags). I count(ed) on bbedit to sanitize stuff like
this for me.

Any info?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.

Reply via email to