On Apr 18, 11:51 am, Mike Conley <[email protected]> wrote:
> I think the real problem with highlighting is that BBEdit doesn't
> alter the text colour when it's highlighted, in the manner of some of
> the apps to which Solarized colours are applied. If it inverted
> highlighted text when the highlight colour is sufficiently
> 'dark' (e.g., when the difference between the luminance of the text
> and that of the highlight is sufficiently small), then it would work
> at least as well as in the examples on the Solarized Web site.

I noticed the same thing when I was putting together my own version of
the Solarized theme. The theme works extremely well in the examples on
Ethan's site and the text editing apps used there do perform an
inversion on selected text which allows base1 and base01 to be used
for text selection without obscuring the text that is close to these
colours - usually comments.

The problem doing this in BBEdit is not the lack of inversion, it's
the restriction to only two background colours in the theme. I think
to work well in BBEdit one would need to add a third 'base' colour.
These would be background and current line plus text selection.

I don't think there's a problem in BBEdit.
--
Cheers,

Steve Hodgson

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to