On Apr 11, 2011, at 4:40 PM, Govinda wrote:

>> Note the "#"?  That tells me you are running it from "root," not your user 
>> account.  The normal bash user prompt should end in a "$", like this:
>> 
>>         MacPro:~ rodb$
>> 
>> I assume other shells (csh in particular) work the same, i.e. use "#" for 
>> root.  I know ksh does.

Glad I could help!

> Thanks to Rod - that was the issue.  (Though on MacOS 10.6.7 the
> (default) user acct.-demarcation char apparently is "%".)

That depends on the shell you're using.  Here's what I get from the shells I 
have installed:

        bash            MacPro:~ rodb$
        csh             [MacPro:~] rodb%
        ksh             $ 
        sh              sh-3.2$
        tcsh            [MacPro:~] rodb%
        zsh             MacPro% 

-- 
Rod

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to