> Note the "#"?  That tells me you are running it from "root," not your user 
> account.  The normal bash user prompt should end in a "$", like this:
>
>         MacPro:~ rodb$
>
> I assume other shells (csh in particular) work the same, i.e. use "#" for 
> root.  I know ksh does.
>
> Log out and back in and try again.
> --
> Rod

Thanks to Rod - that was the issue.  (Though on MacOS 10.6.7 the
(default) user acct.-demarcation char apparently is "%".)

BBcolors works fine now, as per your suggestion.

Thanks Steve (and others) for creating the loadable bbcolors files.

I have Steve's "Solarized-Light.bbcolors" loaded now, and will try
each other one in turn for a few days each.

Note to any newbies (like me) that to get the load command to work (at
least for me), I had  to drop the extension ... i.e. this did not
work:
bbcolors -load "Solarized-Light.bbcolors"
but this does:
bbcolors -load "Solarized-Light"

-Govinda

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to