I came in to just finally give you some feedback Steve.. but anyway
here is my shortened notes on color-theme experiments:

I tried all the color schemes at the 3 places posted in this thread (4
or 5 dark themes and 4 or 5 light themes).. and my favorite so far is
Steve's solarized-light.  (I guess I am not fond of dark themes at
all.)

I just made one change to Steve's solarized-light:
I lightened the highlight colors to make selected text easier to read.

In case anyone wants to mimic that change:
I changed these:

from:
"Color:PrimaryHighlight"                         =
"rgb(18135,23374,25099)";
to:
"Color:PrimaryHighlight"                         =
"rgb(35453,45709,49522)";

(or just drag the 'highlight color' brightness slider up a bit in the
BBedit pref. dialog.)

It looks better when making selections so I can still read the text
that is selected.  One drawback to this change
though is the high-lit text when finding differences is harder to
read... but as anyone who has played with this will
notice.. it is hard to find perfect colors that satisfy all conditions/
criteria!

I also changed "Color:SecondaryHighlight" equivalently, but honestly I
am not sure even how to see in a doc what is
"SecondaryHighlight". (?)

-Govinda

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to