Hi Roger
> Yes. In terms of mammals I have an innate dislike of peppering for
> several reasons, not least of which is that it does nothing about the
> actual problem, just moves it on to someone else's shoulders.
There's a multitude of ways to skin the cat of course but I think that your
argument against peppering is a little simplistic here. It asssumes that the
critters will just breed on regardless of the changed conditions, and while
it often looks that way, thats not what happens in nature. When Rudolph
Steiner wrote of peppering there was quite a lot of emphasis on the effect
on the reproductive ability of the target. OK, when we get an instant result
we are probably just scrambling them up so they go somewhere else and
initially there may be an increase in pressure at "somewhere else" , but
after moving house I dont think those new critters will become a part of the
effective breeding population for quite a while, if ever!. I believe over
time the overall population will reduce because of peppering and the only
way that the neighbor will be affected long term is if he already had
favourable conditions in place for an increase of population - which case it
was going to happen anyway.
Nothing wrong with your method of course, but the other 95% of us need to
figure out something that will work for us.
Anyway how different are we? Its all about the energy! I can't do it on my
own but with the aid of a field broadcaster anyone can implement beneficial
changes to the energies of their farm.
Cheers
Lloyd Charles