On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Saransh Jain <saransh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks RobertCNelson,
>
> I will follow the link you gave and see if I am able to boot the board.Just
> few questions:
>
> In the link you mentioned it seems you use zimage for the linux kernel?Is
> there any way to use uimage?

What for? zImage (raw kernel output) are way more useful then the
uImage's.  The uImage format is just a zImage with a u-boot wrapper
with a specific SOC zreladdress hardcoded..  Thus you can't share a
uImage binary between an omap/imx/etc device...

> Also previously on a different board I remember using u-boot.bin while in
> the guide you are using u-boot.img.What is the difference between these two
> files?

If your using "u-boot.bin" then the MLO you used is from a long
abandoned "x-loader" project.. Of which all functionally was moved
into u-boot a few years back.

Thus, I'm going to advise you to follow the wiki to a T, as it sounds
like you might have been out of the beagleboard
bootloader/kernel/rootfilesystem build process for awhile. As the
directions work as written..

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/