i used the address 80008000 (-a option in mkimage) for the uImage.i used
the same address as the entry address(-e option).

Also can you confirm the points i said in the previous post.That would
clarify a lot to me.

I believe that the -a option in mkimage is irrelevant.I think the relevent
address in the mkimage command is the entry image address(-e option).This
address is used by u-boot to copy the compressed uimage(but without the 64k
header i.e zImage only).After this the process is the same as zimage as
there is no 64k header.Can you also confirm this.

about the multi-arch thing I think that the problem with using uImage is
that the entry address may not lie in the ram space of all the boards that
the kernel can support.Right???
But if this is the case the we will have to change the bootenv of u-boot as
we need to load the compressed zimage/uimage somewhere in the ram first.Am
I correct?