On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Saransh Jain <saransh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello RobertCNelson,
>
> I am sorry for my previous post.I did some research on uimage and zimage and
> I think I may have misunderstood a few things you told.Can you please
> confirm if I am right now?
>
> The zreladdress is the address for the uncompressed kernel image.
> The loadaddress in loadzimage command is the address for compressed kernel
> image.
> The problem in using u-image for multi-platforms is that it needs an entry
> addres which can be outside the sdram on different platforms.
> The base address of the sdram for loading the uncompressed image is given to
> the kernel using device tree.

All this research and it basicly boils down to one problem.. Say you
are supporting two boards with different silicon vendors..

For board A, what was the zreladdress so you can build a "uImage" with mkimage??

Or do you just copy zImage and work on your real application?

> There is a file named Makefile.boot in arch/arm/mach-omap2. This file
> defines zreladdr.Is this file necessary(for zImage booting)?

No, that variable was "only" used in the non-multiarch case when
calling "make uImage" to create the "uImage" file correctly..

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/