On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Saransh Jain <saransh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i used the address 80008000 (-a option in mkimage) for the uImage.i used the
> same address as the entry address(-e option).
>
> Also can you confirm the points i said in the previous post.That would
> clarify a lot to me.

I'll leave that issue to someone else...

> I believe that the -a option in mkimage is irrelevant.I think the relevent
> address in the mkimage command is the entry image address(-e option).This
> address is used by u-boot to copy the compressed uimage(but without the 64k
> header i.e zImage only).After this the process is the same as zimage as
> there is no 64k header.Can you also confirm this.

All mkimage does it put a 64k wrapper header on zImage... Nothing
more, nothing less..

> about the multi-arch thing I think that the problem with using uImage is
> that the entry address may not lie in the ram space of all the boards that
> the kernel can support.Right???

It's not "lieing" it's just that each vendor is free to implements it
at a different address, or where ever they want..

See my small list here:
https://github.com/RobertCNelson/stable-kernel/blob/master/system.sh.sample#L33

> But if this is the case the we will have to change the bootenv of u-boot as
> we need to load the compressed zimage/uimage somewhere in the ram first.Am I
> correct?

Why change bootenv, the default settings in u-boot for the particular
target already work out of the box..

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/