I know javascript well enough. Now try to write device driver code with it,
or something else equally low level. Or even something mission critical
such as engine timing monitoring/adjustment, airbag deployment, or
missile/drone guidance.

I know other languages well enough too. C/C++, ASM C# VB.NET, and a few
obscure scripting languages hardly worth mentioning. But the point is,
you'll never get away with using javscript for everything because
somethings for some situations *require* specific languages. Missile
guidance for example you're most likely going to have to use ADA. Device
drivers, either C, or ASM, and if you're building a Microsoft web server
service / backend you're very likely to use C# / VB.NET with ASP.NET.

It's not that things cant be done differently, it is that you're most
likely never going to get away with it in the field professionally. Not
only that somethings are either close to impossible, or do not even come
close to making sense.