On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 1:16 PM, cory cauvier <corycauv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Nelson,
>
> I am currently trying to get the one wire working with a beaglebone.  I have
> done various paths but can't seem to get any to work.  Would you be able to
> direct me to a webpage that works for the beaglebone using the lastest
> kernel and a ds18B20?

Download the latest iot image:

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Jessie_Snapshot_iot

disable cape_unversal=enable (open /boot/uEnv.txt)

reboot

then follow:

https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/blob/master/examples/BB-W1-P9.12/example.sh

(hint, p9.12 is the gpio used in that example)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYjkKdC57sGbz_iEg0Ez3UYCv%3DJu8j2q%3DPUSUp3FZwB8mQ%40mail.gmail.com.