Well the purpose of my advise what to show you how to cross compile kernel
modules without having to worry about kernel version, kernel headers and
compiler versions. By using Robert’s build tool, he does all that for you.
Better still, if you use source indexing with Eclipse, you get function code
completion and can jump to those function using "ctrl left mouse click” and
“alt left arrow” to return to your code. There are also lots of example in the
Kernel/samples folder.

Regards,
John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/8C05D0CD-8A87-41D4-AEEB-A62650416060%40gmail.com.