On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 5:04 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 5:01 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> After digging out a USB-to-Ethernet dongle for internet access, I did the
>>> upgrade and those pins now work.
>>
>> Yeah, this is going to work for the BBGW at the moment, two pins need
>> to be set by teh gpio-hog early in bootup.  However gpio-of-helper
>> then takes control of those pins, and wipes away the hog settings..
>>
>> it looks like i need to patch gpio-of-helper to use gpiolib and then
>> make sure to whitelist any pins with the "hog' flag.
>
> or i could just change the bbgw "base" dtb so those pins are never
> exported, thus kicking the gpiolib problem down the road a few more
> years..
>
> yeah, i'll do that... tomorrow...

Okay got this working this moring.. the wl_en/wl_irq pins had to be
ripped out of the cape-universal...

bb-cape-overlays:

sudo apt update ; sudo apt upgrade bb-cape-overlays

u-boot: (yes another build)

sudo /opt/scripts/tools/developers/update_bootloader.sh --beta

kernel: (4.16-rc2-bone5 building right now)

sudo /opt/scripts/tools/update_kernel.sh --bone-channel --exp

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYgQgfDcgodZNWZ0_1sxbyAHo_3UqvfmC_Vr9cEFrWpgUg%40mail.gmail.com.