i don't think this would be widespread, but what if you had a Vorbis tag
present in the file, however it was blank?  meanwhile, you also had an
id3 tag in that file, and it WASN'T blank?

if the Vorbis tag is "present" yet blank, and SBS then ignores
everything else, it will not be viewable in SBS.  the user also wouldn't
know or be notified of the condition.  i don't think such files even get
"logged" as problematic in the scanner log, do they?

it sounded to me like testing for "title" in the Vorbis tag was what
Andy was suggesting.  if "title" were blank, then use id3 if present and
filled out.  if not, ignore all other tags and just use Vorbis.

Andy, would that not be the best way?

--also--

consider the case above but forget id3.  what if the Vorbis tag is
present but totally blank?  what if the FLAC (or any file) has no tag at
all of any kind?  what if "guess tag formats" also fails?

how does SBS/the scanner handle such scenarios?

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbr (parent's home) - sbs 7.4.2b - win xp pro sp3
ie8 - p4(ht) 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link dir-655 -
35k mp3