Philip Meyer wrote:

> In the example given for searching "hurry love supremes" such that Phil
> Collins doesn't come up, what's the harm of searching for "hurry
> love"...

For the third time: you are still arguing implementation details of
something that is in alpha state at best against a principal concept.
It's the last time I'm going to participate in it, it leads nowhere.

It's like "you can never fly across an ocean, that plane the wright
brothers built came down after less than a mile".

> Well SoundCloud doesn't have albums, etc.

It does have artists and named playlists which are used by a lot of
artists to represent albums. And no, it does not just have a flat list
of songs per user account. Also, SoundCloud was _one_ of my 5 or 6
examples which were already, well, just examples.

"There can't be life in this solar system, I looked at that planet
called Mercury and it doesn't even have an atmosphere!"

> No. That's only available in web UI

Again, you are talking the current implementation...

> I don't need to find across all types of entities and then filter the
> larger list down, I already know what I'm looking for.

Yep, but it's still more clicks to go there if you need to go to "My
Music->Search->Search for Albums" than if you go to "Search" and if you
get too many results than select a filter "Albums".

> That's rather fiddly on different interfaces.  eg. SB2 with IR remote.

Why? You could even put the filters on shortcuts and it's a single press
of a button. Still faster than browsing to the specific search menu
first.

Also, IR remotes and single-line displays are exactly the kind of stuff
people refer to when talking about a "crappy, outdated system". I know
you like it that way but don't assume everybody else does.

> But in iTunes, I still search for a specific artist, album or song
> title, less results returned, and I find what I specifically want
> quicker.

Hm, but that's exactly the logic you didn't like above. In iTunes,
searching for albums is always a filter. It doesn't have an "Search
Albums" menu or something, it only has a single search field where you
can apply filters.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*