mherger wrote:
> > Can these iOS devices cause the log entries? Is there a way to switch
> on
> > a kind of enhanced logging for identifying the player(s) causing
> these
> > issues?
>
> Sounds like a reasonable request. I'll look into this.
>
> --
>
> Michael

After running fine for some days, my problem with the unavailable LMS
service came back a few days ago.
BUT: I finally found the reason for this annoying issue: Kaspersky
Endpoint Server security 10!
I used Kaspersky Server AV without a problem for years and correctly set
all the exclusions (all LMS executables and services, the hidden folder
in Program Data, the music folders). Even the Network protection was
disabled.
Disabling the AV protection did not help but uninstallation finally
did!
Now I am running Sophos Server AV and had no more issues.
This may also be interesting for other Windows users with an installed
Kaspersky Endpoint security 10...

@Michael
Thank you very much for implementing the player's Mac addresses to the
dispatching messages in the Server log! This is really helpful. I
already had several entries caused by my iPhone with iPeng which I use
as a mobile player.