A few observations on campus mopeds:

1. There is absolutely no evidence of enforcement of laws concerning driving them on sidewalks. Moped drivers use the excuse that they "have" to drive to their parking spots by the bike racks. This probably happens a couple thousand times every day.

2. Parked mopeds frequently block access to bike racks and block pedestrian traffic on sidewalks. Again, I've seen no evidence of enforcement.

3. About one in 6 is unlicensed. I can't believe this many are awaiting a license and, in any case, the number doesn't seem to decrease after the start of classes in Sept. Most of these folks, I'm convinced, have no intention of getting a license.


So, does anyone have any enforcement data? Has even ONE moped driver been ticketed this year for driving on the sidewalk? (Out of the thousands who do it every day.) Have any unlicensed mopeds been confiscated? Have any been ticketed for illegal parking? Based on the total anarchy which prevails among moped drivers, I would guess the answer to all is "no".


Scott


-- Scott Ellington Madison, Wisconsin USA [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.danenet.org/mailman/listinfo/bikies

Reply via email to