On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Doug Adler <[email protected]> wrote:
> On the other hand there are times when I feel safer saying something like
> when: passing bikes who are already near the centerline, or might be about
> to move over for slower traffic we are closing on,...

And this actually brings up another reason for issuing a warning. If a
bicyclist might be turning or changing lanes - even on the street -
it's best to let them know you are passing.

Until this summer, when I managed to endo my bike all by myself, the
worst crash I ever had was caused by another bicyclist pulling a
u-turn in front of me with no warning. He was coasting slowly on the
right side of the street, and I should have know he was up to
something. Then, just as I pulled to the left to pass, he pulls a
u-turn from the right side of the road, and right into my path. WHAM!


Robbie Webber
Bike Walk Madison Steering Committee
  www.bikewalkmadison.org
Join our group on Facebook!
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org

Reply via email to