> Bitcoin Authenticator is a desktop app+mobile app pair. It pairs with your
> phone over wifi, cloud push, maybe Bluetooth as well. I forget exactly.
>
> It's done in the same way as Lighthouse, so it runs Win/Mac/Linux on desktop
> and Android on mobile.
>
> It could be adapted to use BitGo as a third party key holder with SMS
> authenticator relatively easily, I think. We did the bulk of all the needed
> work last year as part of the bitcoinj multisig work. Then you'd have a
> server involved, but not a web app.

I really like the concept of Bitcoin Authenticator and think it’s exactly what
I was describing (without a third-party).

I think it’s a bit confusing when they describe Bitcoin Authenticator as 2FA.
I think it may be more accurate to describe it as out of band transaction
verification/signing or dual transaction signing.  Regardless, it’s very
exciting to see others are thinking about this too.

Brian Erdelyi