Thanks for everyone's advice. The Vet came and did a necropsy on Marley:

Coryne psuedotuberculosis.  All through his body.

I have had a few of the abscesses on my sheeps neck or jaw before and
was aware this was contagious, but was not that aware of how
devastating it could be.. Now I am.

The symptomatic ones will be separated and given antibiotics (for a
month) and also, better feed. The animals that are not symptomatic
look real good and seem to be thriving on the local hay, as they have,
year after year. The sheep that are effected are skinny. The Dr's
opinion is: because they are fighting an infection, they are not
getting enough nutrition.  I am separating them from the wethered
pygmy goats and upping their alfalfa intake along with hay. Can't give
the alfalfa to the male wethered goats.

Everyone has a clear-snot runny nose, the Dr. thinks it is from the
dust. She says OPP is not common in California.

_Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies.