On 2 Sep 2014, at 8:54, John Muccigrosso wrote:

I'm not sure this addresses my issue.

I have several triggers that simply open apps. When I press the trigger,
the icon sort of zooms out of the middle of the screen with lots of
transparency. Typically that icon is the generic (application) icon and not
the app-specific icon.

Oh, you’re referring to triggers with the “Show Window” checkbox enabled. Not triggers shown in the preferences. The explanation is the same. “Using” something starts the process of loading the icon, but only the main interface updates when loading is finished.

My opinion of the desired behavior is that QS always shows the correct
icon. For that I assume it has to keep all the trigger icons loaded at all
times.

That would eat a lot of memory. The best option is to have more parts of the interface know how to redraw themselves when icons finish loading. Eventually, the entire app should get there, but it’s not at the top of anyone’s list.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/