D.Dreschers wrote these words on 08/30/05 18:34 CST:

> while checking my system bootup scripts I noticed that cups
> get started twice.
> I checked cups makefile and saw that it installs it's own
> bootup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rc{2,3,5}.d/S99cups and one in
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/cups which is overwritten by the
> blfs-bootscript.
> I'm not sure but it looks like the K00cups file in rc0.d
> is also overwritten by the blfs-bootscript.
> But the rc{2,3,5}.d/S99cups files remain.

This was supposed to have been fixed. It was a last minute untested
addition into the book. Best as I recall, the Bootscripts Makefile
was modified so that the CUPS bootscript and links were removed prior
to installation of the BLFS CUPS bootscript and links.

I've really never tested it yet since the changes. I'm sure you're
right, or you wouldn't be writing in to tell us. :-)  I'm rebuilding
LFS/BLFS right now and will be testing the CUPS scripts probably
tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads-up.

-- 
Randy

rmlscsi: [GNU ld version 2.15.94.0.2 20041220] [gcc (GCC) 3.4.3]
[GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.4] [Linux 2.6.10 i686]
19:26:00 up 150 days, 18:59, 2 users, load average: 0.14, 0.34, 0.51
-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to