Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 08/30/05 22:42 CST:

> Have you actually installed this bootscript from the Makefile
> to ensure that it does what it is supposed to?
> 
> I looked at it when it was initially put in the book, but never
> tested it. It looked as though it should work. But I never tested
> it.
> 
> The OP says it doesn't work, is there any reason we should doubt
> him?

I have the correct setup on my system and I followed the book.  I also
did a test:

cd /tmp
touch xxx yyy
ln -sf xxx yyy
ls -l xxx yyy


I got:

-rw-rw-r--  1 bdubbs bdubbs 0 Aug 30 22:58 xxx
lrwxrwxrwx  1 bdubbs bdubbs 3 Aug 30 22:58 yyy -> xxx

which indicates that yyy was removed and the link created properly.
This is logically the same process that the bootscripts use.

I don't know what version of the bootscripts the original poster used.
In rev 4859 (Jul 31), DJ changed the links from S25 to S99.  That could
explain the discrepancy.

  -- Bruce

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to